Cleveland Hops Logo

• Recent Posts

• Archives

• Categories

• International Beer Fest at the Cleveland I-X Center

More information is slowly becoming available on the International Beer Fest at the I-X Center. Hopefully all of our local breweries will be included in the representation. Here is the press release.

Where Can You Find Upwards of  800 Beers from 200 Breweries All Under One Roof?

At the NEW International Beer Fest at the I-X Center – Tickets on Sale Now!

(Cleveland, OH) The I-X Center proudly announces the International Beer Fest, the largest showcase and competition of world beers in the Midwest, will be held May 13 & 14 at the I-X Center.  The event will feature three public tasting sessions with 200 stellar breweries from around the world pouring upwards of 800 select beers – tickets are on sale now at www.ixbeerfest.com.

“It is a natural fit that Cleveland and the I-X Center host a beer showcase and competition of this caliber,” notes Bob Peterson, President, I-X Center. “With more than 45 active breweries in the state and a consistent top 10 rank nationally in terms of consumption, Ohioans know, respect and support the beer industry. As an exposition center with a proven track record of success, the I-X Center is thrilled to produce an event of this magnitude highlighting local, national and international beers and breweries”.  International Beer Fest will feature appearances by celebrity brewers, authors and personalities sharing enlightening industry insights on the Main Stage. From discussions to demonstrations, beer experts will also appear on other stages throughout the show to share how they have shaped the industry and to meet patrons during autograph sessions. (Special appearance schedule is forthcoming.)

International Beer Fest Features:

• Educational programming abounds at “Brew U”, where beer-centric demonstrations and discussions will highlight trends in home brewing, regional developments and green brewing.
    • Tasting room offers seminars on food and beer pairings identifying beer flavors and more.
    • Exhibitors specializing in beer-related products will showcase and offer their wares available for purchase.
    • A convenient Store will feature apparel and keepsakes from featured breweries.

All features are included with ticket purchase.  Patrons keenly interested in exceptional beers can also choose to purchase a VIP exBEERience ticket which includes all of the Fest Features above, PLUS access to the VIP Brewers Lounge to enjoy exclusive tappings of rare and/or limited edition beers along with additional exclusive programming.

Make plans now!  Tickets on sale at www.ixbeerfest.com

Tasting sessions:
    Session 1 — Friday, May 13 from 7-11 p.m
    Session 2 — Saturday, May 14 from 1-5 p.m
    Session 3 — Saturday, May 14 from 7-11 p.m.

PRICING:

$45 Single-Session General Admission Ticket (Session 1, 2, OR 3)
    $120 All-Session General Admission Pass (Includes ALL Sessions)
    $75 Single-Session VIP exBEERience Ticket (Session 1, 2 OR 3)
    $200 All-Session VIP exBEERience Pass (Includes ALL Sessions)

To maximize the VIP exBEERience, only a limited number of tickets are available.
    $20 Single Session Designated Driver Ticket (Session 1, 2, OR 3; excludes alcohol samplings)

General Admission Ticket includes:

• Admission to selected session(s)
    • Commemorative tasting cup
    • Unlimited tastings
    • Access to all public special appearances, demonstrations and educational programming
    • Festival program

VIP exBEERience Ticket includes:

• All benefits of the General Admission Ticket PLUS
    • Commemorative T-Shirt
    • Limited edition credential badge
    • Unlimited access to VIP Brewers Lounge to enjoy exclusive tappings of rare and/or limited edition beers
    • Additional programming and opportunity to meet and mingle with prominent Brewers
    • Complimentary hor d’oeurves and food pairings

The International Beer Fest is held at the I-X Center at One I-X Center Drive in Cleveland, Ohio on Route 237, adjacent to Cleveland Hopkins Airport.  It is easily accessible from I-480, I-71 and the Ohio Turnpike.  For more information call 216.265.7468 or visit us online at www.ixbeerfest.com

# # #

9 Comments

1. Posted April 19, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

Covering this for @ClevelandLeader. #Score http://clevelandhops.com/2011/02/international-beer-fest-at-the-cleveland-i-x-center/

2. Posted April 22, 2011 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Holy Hops! International Beer Fest at the Cleveland I-X Center | Cleveland Hops http://t.co/o1ocFFf

3. Posted April 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

You all know I am giving away tickets to the event, right? Comment to enter.

4. Posted May 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

@DuxPrime @matrocksteady http://bit.ly/lbGmY4 There ya go!

5. John
      Posted May 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

Kind of disappointed with the folks running this. You actually only get 30 2 oz. samples with your ticket. Which is not a lot over 4 hours. The promoters conveniently just released that information 5 days before the event. Makes me wish I hadn’t bought tickets and makes me really wish I didn’t buy a hotel package to go with it.

6. Posted May 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

I can understand your disappointment, John. I think the 30 tickets/2oz pours is mainly a legal response. I’ll be pouring Friday night so I guess we will see how it goes.

7. Chris
      Posted May 9, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

How nice that they release the tasting limit after most people purchased there tickets. Not going to get much walk up for this. Expecially after they had billed it as unlimited. I don’t know if I would have spent the money for 60 oz of beer. A joke.

8. Posted May 12, 2011 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I have attended many beer fests over the years, and the one constant is : the pourers don’t know what 2 oz of beer looks like. Normally, the tasting glass is 6 oz., and you usually get 1/2 to 3/4 of a glass full. Multiply this by 30, and it adds up to quite a bit of fairly strong beer.

9. Posted May 12, 2011 at 8:49 am | Permalink

More comments on the tasting limit changes here

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

Yelp information for I-X Center:

IX Center Dr
    Cleveland, OH 44178

2166766000

Average Rating

"What a giant ugly piece of crap!" is what the original builders of the tank plant that would become the I-X said as they stared at the barren field before... See more...
    Murray R.

The IX Center is a massive exhibition center located at the end of the main runways at Hopkins Airport. According to their website, they have over a million... See more...
    Patrick B.

Reviews from Yelp

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.levlr.com/api/api.php?function=getItemsAtLocation&foursquareid=10141696&itemdefnid=1&authkey=s21xkd62bam1u4d3d28bc63avc09x9a&format=json) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /usr/www/users/kyleroth/clevelandhops/wp-content/themes/clevelandhops-v2/single.php on line 190

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.levlr.com/api/api.php?function=getItemsAtLocation&foursquareid=10141696&itemdefnid=1&authkey=s21xkd62bam1u4d3d28bc63avc09x9a&format=json) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /usr/www/users/kyleroth/clevelandhops/wp-content/themes/clevelandhops-v2/single.php on line 196